07 February 2022

15 Minute Challenge & Not Much To Show

The week of teeth is over. Turns out Maestro's tooth ache was caused by a bad mouth ulcer where his wisdom tooth was rubbing on his cheek.  He doesn't have to have them out unless the ulcers become problematic.  He did make an appointment for a check with our regular dentist which he has been avoiding for a couple of years.  I'll leave it to her to nag him now that he is a big boy, my nagging has just been ignored.  

Its my birthday next weekend and I bought myself a wooden ball-winder and picked up a book for a CAL Sophie's Universe which I have admired for a while and didn't realise there was a book.  Don't know when I will start but it looks fun and pretty every row is different, there are lot so colour options to choose from.

I have made 6 Asterales flower centres and need to finish the borders on 4 of them.  Have decided that I won't be making the blanket very big and will just stick to 3 x 3 and put a border round them.  Couple more rows to go on this one, but I need to look at the video help for the next row.  

I made a transferred a few small flower motives to the linen and have started stitching.  I have asked Mo for another sketch but it is a bit low on the priority at the moment so I am fill in time with small embroideries which will probably be the centres of some pieced stars.  

That's it for me this week I think it was a 4 out 7 this week really wasn't enthused to do to much.  



3 comments:

loulee said...

4/7 is better than nothing. Slow progress is still progress.
I did the 15 minute challenge a couple of years ago and I was amazed at what I managed to achieve. Keep at it.

Ivani said...

Happy Birthday, Amanda!
Love your Asterales flower granny square .Where I can find the video with the tutorial for it?
Your embroydery is also beautiful.
Happy stitching!

Kate said...

"The week of teeth"? Sounds expensive. At least you made some progress on a few projects, some weeks that's the best you can hope for. Happy Birthday a bit early, hopefully the family has plans to pamper you a bit for that. Happy stitching this week.