23 January 2023

15 Minute Challenge & House

Have been a bit MIA.  We did sign a contract on a townhouse with Maestro.   It's all so different than what it was like 25 years ago when we bought our house.  So much paperwork and checks that have to be done, lawyers to be engaged etc, I will be glad when that bit is all over and he can move in.  

He has to buy a fridge, washing machine and dryer as well as move all the purchases he has been making over the last few months that our filling up our family room.  

The week after my last post I don't think I really did anything, but this week I have picked up the pace.  My Persian Tiles blanket is coming along.  The centre is all done I need to crochet the set in triangles and then I am ready for the border.  The triangles are pretty quick I have another couple finished that need joining so I should be well on the way to finishing if I keep this up this week.  


My Great Uncle died in the last couple of weeks and I went to his funeral on Friday.  It was a true celebration of his life and probably the best funeral I have been to.  He was 97 and was the last of my Nana's 9 siblings to go and it also sounded like it was only the last couple of months that he couldn't live on his own which is a small wonder.   His son-in-law read the eulogy and it was a true reflection of how I remembered him from my childhood.  There were stories and jokes and it was lovely to remember a simpler time and catch up with some of my mother's extended family.  



1 comment:

Kate said...

Oooh, your Persian Tiles looks so good! So sorry to hear about your family's loss. Sounds like your great uncle was a family favorite. Hope the house closing stuff goes well and you don't have any more headaches with the process.