02 January 2024

As usual the last week is a bit of a blur

I really like that nothing time between Christmas and New Year, no plans and lots of lazing around. 

Mo put the Christmas tree up this year while we were away but she seems to be incommunicado now that its time to take the thing down. It isn't my favourite job.  I might have a bit of a lay down with a a good book first and then tackle it later this afternoon.  

I have started the Cove CAL with Shelley Husband, I'm still behind but I'm enjoying the process.  I've done it a baby pink so it can go in Mo's room which is all pink and white.  There was a bit of frogging last night when the stitch count for the next row wasn't right, I think I was mixing the pattern rows up.  I'm back at this stage again and it is slightly less wavy.  Once its blocked it should straighten out.  

Last week we headed out to Maestro's place to finish a few jobs that we have been doing.  Mo and I put up some prints and sorted out pots for his indoor plants.  His tenants have moved out and they had ruined a couple of his place mats and burnt a mark in his new dining room table.  He had a couple of rules when they moved in, the most important was no smoking inside but they didn't abide by it.  I told him I'd make him some new placemats, we picked out some nice decor weight fabric and I have finished sewing the first set today.  I have another mustard piece to make 2nd set. 


We are heading back to his place tomorrow to put up a curtain rail and and blockout blind.


Head to Kates to see how everyone is going.  



1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like busy, but relaxing time between the two holidays. That's a bummer about the damage from Maestro's tenants. Love the pink project, very pretty. The placemats look cool too. Hopefully the first day back at work isn't so bad. I think My Guy forgot how to go to work. He was almost out of the driveway before I caught he hadn't taken his coffee.