08 January 2024

Back to Work

 Back to work wasn't too bad today, the new guy took care of pretty much all the urgent stuff so I just cruised all day sorting through emails and starting a piece of work that got dropped on me the last day before I went on holidays.  

 Ended up at Maestro's one day and we were pretty beat by the time we got home.  Hung some curtain's which I was sure were going to need hemming but they didn't and DH got a blind put up and did some cleaning up in his garage. He has a girlfriend at the moment so I'm thinking we won't get to see him as much.  

Mo is working on a few things and applying for jobs but she wants to do some online courses and is entering a competition to illustrate a children's book.  She has to submit a 2 page spread, what she has shown me is pretty darn good but with all art it is subjective so who knows.  

This week I kept up to the 15 minute challenge 6 out of the 7 days. The day at Maestro's was tiring so nothing got done that day.  I have finished part 2 of the CAL and have started on part 3. I'm still way behind but I can't really go much faster, as my wrist gets sore I do too much and it will only get worse as it gets heavier.  Might have to alternate with my embroidery/hexie quilt.  


I finished one set of placemat for Maestro and have another set cut ready to stitch this weekend.  

Mo's 21st is coming up.  She doesn't want a part and trying to get her to pinpoint what she wants is proving to be an issue.  First it was camera lens but she has decided that's too expensive and maybe a bat's system for the potter's wheel might be a better option.  She just has to choose which one she wants.  

Love the new image below for this year.  Head to Kates to catch up with everyone.  





1 comment:

Kate said...

Glad that you didn't come back to chaos after being off for the holiday. Mo will be 21? Wow. I guess that's right, Grad Girl just turned 25. When did they grow up? Good luck to Mo on her job search.