22 January 2024

CAL and A Bit of Stitching

I really wanted to blog last week but was a bit worn out on Monday for some reason.  We did a lot of window shopping over the weekend for a new lounge and then ordered one, now to impatiently wait for the 4 months for it to be made.  

I have made another set of placemats for Maestro, these one were double sided I haven't heard from him if he thought they were ok.  The fabric was very hard to work with and I think a couple of them may have not been particularly square but they got done.  

I'm still way behind on the CAL but I have the book now and not relying on the download of the pattern.  I was going to do a shortened version without granny squares going round the edge but I think I may need to do them as it is coming out quite small.  Oh well will have to see, but I like how it is working up in 4 ply.  I'm working on the part that is called Wicker and it really looks like wicker work but you can't tell because it curls up.  I think there are another 40 rows to straighten it out so it will be ok in the end and there is nothing blocking won't fix.  




Well that's it for me.  Head to Kates'.
 

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like you've done a bit of this and that. It's always a downer when you have to wait for a special order. We've done that for our couch and recliner. But it's usually worth the wait to get what you want. Hope you get lots of time to play with yarn and maybe a bit of stitching. Stay cool! I wish we could share some of our cold stuff, it's really been miserable here.