08 July 2024

15 Minute Challenge & More Stitching

 I've been doing more stitching this week.  Everytime I crochet it makes my shoulder hurt so  I turned to stitching which doesn't seem to be so problematic.  I have started another hand pieced border and finished the last appliqué square for the Lacropte Quilt.  On the weekend I did I started cutting and stitching small 4 patch squares that make up the next border and cutting the squares for the pinwheel.  Still have quite a bit of cutting and machine stitching to get them finished but probably by the time the hand piecing is done the cutting and stitching for the machine pieced borders will be done.  

I also started working on a baby quilt for my co-worker, his wife is due to have their first child in 2 months.  The quilt is Posie by Judy Newman, it has cluster of hexagons appliquéd to a background.  I picked the fabrics and fussy cut most of the hexagons so that it will be  like a small eye spy quilt.  Have to get something simple for the background thinking either a small dot or something similar in a light green though he did tell me they are having a boy.  

I have dowloaded another CAL by a crochet designer that I have been following, I'm struggling with the pattern at the moment so it isn't taking much for me to leave it alone.  I think I much prefer when there are charts so I can check against my understanding of the directions but this one only has pictures and words and it is US terms which I struggle with at the best of times.  Will go back to it when my arm is feeling better or I just feel like a challenge.  

Mo has started reformer pilates which has a class on Sunday morning, the class looks out onto a manmade lake near us so I took the chance to have a change of venue for my daily walk.  Its saltwater and a bit smelly in places but it was good to have a bit of change of scenery and I got a nice long walk in while I waited for the class to finish.  

Think thats it for me.  Work is busy but I'm glad I have some stitching to keep me sane.  


As usual head to Kate's to see how everyone is going.  






1 comment:

Kate said...

You have some fun projects in the works. Hopefully the shoulder is starting to feel better and you can get back to the crochet.