19 August 2007

Is it Kinda Cheating?

The quilt police would probably say yes. Using just fabric from just one range. I guess it is, it takes the hardwork out of choosing colours that go well together and the light and dark thing. I usually buy quite a lot of ranges but then I usually mix in a bit here and there from the stash. This time I didn't because I just loved the fabric.

Here is my version of Leanne's Quilt from the Loxton Road Trip.

I went a bit mad with this range Roman Holiday by 3 Sisters. I just loved it and I ended up getting a lot of it including a couple of charm packs, a jelly roll which I shared with a friend and 3 lots of 2yard lengths for borders. Now all I have to do is decide what will be my final border. Might put a thin border round the stars first. Looking at the picture I am leaning towards the border strip I think I might leave it for a week and then go and have a fresh look. Well No 3 Project is almost done.

7 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

I am so glad that you posted this picture! I bought a bunch of this same fabric group recently and have been thinking about how to use it. I just love your quilt. What fun to have taken classes with Gail and Leanne.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

You dare to tempt the quilt police!! LOL..just kidding :o)
I think it looks lovely..why fuss over colours when the collection is just so nice together.

Julie (Paddymummy) said...

your quilt looks lovely Amanda...I like buying full ranges sometime as I know that they all go together...staying home sick today so I night do some work on mine....Julie

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! You have been very busy! The quilt is really divine. You certainly are good at picking colors, using a range only helps, you still have to balance and select what goes where. As for the 'quilt police', well, really, who cares?

Leanne said...

Your quilt looks great. I'm still working on mine. Having trouble with the words.

Gail said...

WOW is all I can say, it looks gorgeous!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow. this is terrific. hugs
Khris
(sewprimfriends)