18 October 2009

Don't Look Now


We had a lovely weekend at Hetties with Kellie from Don't Look Now. Lorraine did a wonderful job organising the weekend with lots of helpers, and wonderful food for morning tea and lunch and plenty of tea and coffee made to order. Here is my finished practice piece which I have told my daughter I will make into a pillow for her. I didn't show her the gorgeous bag that each of us received otherwise I am sure she would have claimed ownership of that as well, after seeing the name tag that we received she said that she was going to do sewing when she is bigger.

I bought home with me a couple more of Kellie's patterns. After seeing the quilts in the flesh you just have to have them. The Christmas Tree is just to dye for (and I also bought the fabric to make that one...I think I am going to add some Swarovski crystals to decorate). I also signed up for her stitch along because what the hell another project on the go who's counting. Kellie showed me the blocks for the stitch along and they are beautiful and much bigger than I thought they were in the flesh so very very achievable.

I did get the branches fixed down for the Willow and look forward to completing my version in the next few weeks.

4 comments:

Rustic Tarts said...

It looks wonderful Amanda, it is something that I don't think I could do, but I love all of her designs that I have seen....well done.
Do we get to see the nametags as well - always good for ideas!

Leanne said...

What a good weekend it was. Will be waiting to see all those finished projects.

Kellie said...

It was lovely to meet you Amanda! I am looking forward to seeing your glitzy Christmas Tree!!
Thanks for coming along & making my weekend and good one!!

Lynda said...

Your quilting looks fantastic. I'm hoping like crazy someone from NSW will invite Kellie over to conduct a workshop or two.