31 July 2010

Re-discovering the Stash Continues

I have managed to clear 3 shelves well actually 4 because my black and whites have moved off to another cupboard.  The bottom shelf of this cupboard is filled with florals and a huge box of UFO that I will tackle last.  I have a garbage bag full of all my fabric that I don't see myself using which I will be giving to someone, probably a group that makes charity quilts.  I will have to sort the bag a bit better as it has all just been chucked in.

I have a crate filled with quilt and bag kits, which I will just leave for a bit and find a new home for.

Last night I started on my Pat Sloan shelf and rediscovered just about every range that Pat has produced starting with Old Blooms.  There is a heap of Chelsea Lane which I just love with the big daisies and the backgrounds that look like velvet, yum.  And I might add I have lots of big pieces 2 - 3m some of them, I was obviously going to make a big quilt with those.

Just looked again this morning and I have a couple of other shelves with tubs filled with more fabric (Thimbleberries and Prim stuff) so they will be next after Pat Sloan and another shelf of kits.  So I think I was probably being optimistic about getting my stash in one cupboard but at least it is getting there and I don't have any fabric piles residing on the floor.   I am tripping over all the empty tubs though lol.

5 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Great stah...makes you feel better to see it organised & sorted. I gave away things that I would never start/complete/use....made me feel better!

Shay said...

Just looking at all that fabric makes my heart beat faster.

Great job with the stash re-organisation Amanda.

Rustic Tarts said...

You've done a wonderful job, almost makes me feel like doing the same.......almost!

Carrie P. said...

What a job you have been doing. Lots of fabric. Thanks for coming by my blog. Yes, magazines can be so expensive but the Homespun was worth it.

The Calico Quilter said...

Congrats on the stash organization. What a job! Been there and done that recently. And I discovered some of Pat Sloan's Old Blooms too. Love the fabric, but don't have a clue what I bought it for! But now I know how to use it - a Carrie Nelson "Miss Rosie" pattern is calling my name....