05 August 2010

My Creative Space


I think this quilt should have been a BOM it is going to be bigger than ben hur ..... well not quite.  I really have only just started the writing but there are so many diagrams.  Hopefully today I will really get a move on.

Since writing the above I have found myself in avoidance mode.  Now with a Chai Latte a little retail therapy and out in my tidy sewing room I am hoping to be inspired more to write the pattern.

And then as a reward I get to hand quilt this baby which is doing all sorts of damage to my aching back, but the stitches are really big and I should have it finished over the weekend and then the seagulls can squabble over it.  The boys in the family have already put dibs on it.  Which is really unusual in this house but it is a flannel quilt and I don't make many of those and it has been really cold here the last few days.  And if you are wondering about the pattern it is a Pat Sloan (I think from one of her books) and the fabric is Jan Mullen from ages ago (this is one of my rediscovered quilt tops)

If it is cold in your parts and you need to sit in front of your computer and you need an excuse check out all the creative spaces on Kootoyoo.

1 comment:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your Bee Inspired quilt Amanda - such cheerful design and colours.