20 April 2012

Favourite Things Friday

My favourite thing this week is the end of the school holidays.  Don't get me wrong it has been great to have a break from routine, the weather has been absolutely fabulous here in Adelaide and the kids have been on the whole well behaved and not too much at each other's throats.

But having said that I am ready to go back to routine, ready to have some quiet time during the day, ready for the kids to go to bed at a reasonable time, ready to not be a mum taxi, and keeping them entertained what seem like 24/7.

This week I took 4 kids to the pictures without too much hassle (I nearly fell asleep during the film but they enjoyed it).   The kids then played all afternoon no arguments just lots of giggles and laughs.  Wednesday Dad was home with them and I worked, water slides on the front lawn for most of the day and by the time I got home they were down the beach building sandcastles.

Thursday saw us head to the Dentist to get Maestro a new mouth guard for footy.  We then came home did some tie dyeing.  Here are the results, Maestro wants his to be purple and green so we have some more dye dipping to do, squid want hers orange, which should be easier to accomplish.

Today we went bowling.  Got to say I was off my game this time.  The last time we bowled I was the champion, but i don't know what was wrong this time.  Maestro whipped all of our butts today.

We then went cloths shopping for the kids, Maestro has obviously been sleeping in fertiliser again and all is shirts are too small.  They've gone down to the beach now and i am having a quiet moment to myself.

Sound like they have just arrived home so I had better get of the pc.

Head on over to Mrs P for more FTF.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

I too am ready for routine Amanda... and a rest... been hectic here too...
Hugs Dawn x x

Shay said...

Im exhausted just reading about all your school holiday activity. I love school holidays but that's probably because I dont have any kids at home anymore....

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

We're only half way through the school holidays, i'm loving it, so lazy (even though we have been busier than usual with events, 5 parties too??) i prefer to be home home for the holidays, sort wardrobes & let the children relax as they go so hard at school & sports during the terms, they need the break. I am loving not having to be at high school for 7.30 fitness training, mornings off are a bit too easy to get used to. Love Posie

Michelle Ridgway said...

After such a full on school holiday sounds like you need a rest. Hope you enjoyed your quiet time.

Kate said...

Drama Teen has 4 more weeks of school before she's out for the summer. We just switch routine's. Thankfully no homework over the summer. She volunteer's for the local summer camp. Between that and swimming, she's not looking for stuff to do. Having them home is great, until you hear "I'm bored!"

thea said...

Love the tie dyes. We tried to make some on vacation last year but they didn't take.