02 September 2012

Spring has Sprung



What a glorious end to the week it has been the first and second days of spring have been typically spring days here in Adelaide it has been wonderful.

It has been a pretty full on week.  I mentioned in my last post that my son had got injured in the final footy game for the season and that has been some cause for concern this week.  He is fully recovered now but I'm afraid the nature of his injury may haunt his father and me for a little while yet.  He came away with we suspect was slight concussion and a very sore neck which thankfully a couple of  treatments, lots of ice packs and anti-inflamatory gel put to right.


But Thursday he was given the all clear to play in his tennis grand final which his team won.  Here they are accepting the shield.

I've been stitching away getting borders done for the quilt.  Top and bottom are complete and I am working on the side borders.  I have to say they are looking pretty cute, can't wait till it is all finished so I can start quilting.  I have been starting to trawl Pinterest for quilting ideas.  I guess it will come to me when the quilt is under the bed of the machine.  

Curlypops Bag Adventure ended on the last day of August you can see the wrap up here and here. Lots of bag inspiration there.

1 comment:

Shay said...

Congratulations to your son and his team win! That’s awesome.

The weather has been wonderful this weekend . I love it when Spring comes in like she actually means it !
And that quilt is looking GORGEOUS my friend!