This week I cracked the mythical 7 out of 7 again.
It helped that I decided to dive into my next BOM. I've been messing around with eq and have finished drafting all 9 blocks. Now the stitching begins. I haven't quite worked out the setting of the blocks as I want to do pieced sashing.
I'm using the back basting method of appliqué which I did a class on earlier this year. I wasn't sure how it would go as I had my heart set on using a black background and I was concerned with marking the pattern. However I found a white Karisma marking pencil which is virtually impossible to rub off and is perfect for marking the back of the block. My next concern was that I wouldn't be able to follow the stitching line to turn the fabric under but all seems to be working out pretty well on the first block so it is full steam ahead.
All the blocks are uniform size and I think I will be doing a big applique border round the finished quilt but that is all a work in progress at the moment and will mean a few more hours at EQ to finalise the finish.
I've also stitched a few more semicircles on the borders for pretty circle game.
Head to Kate's to see how everyone else is meeting the challenge.
Pretty! Looking forward to seeing more of your new BOM. Congrats on making 7 out of 7 days last week. Hope this week has been as good.
Post a Comment