15 June 2020

15 Minute Challenge - Winter Has Set In

Last week though sunny it was very very cold for this time of year and we recorded our lowest June temperatures for a lot of years.  The weekend saw lots and lots of rain and the house still looks like a laundry mat but it was perfect weather to sit and stitch.  

It was a 6 out of 7 week, the one day where a work a full day I find it hard to want to sit and stitch after I've have been flat out trying to keep up with things at work even if I am doing it from home.   Only spending 2 days in the office means I can't quite get things done in there that I want to.  So I may need to do an extra day or 2 over the coming weeks to sort some of the old paper files out.  

This week I have worked more on the cross stitch piece that was started the week before last.  There is still a few hours of work but I am going to have a break for a few days to work on my liberty appliqué on linen.  I want to get the centre motive done this week.  There is still a lot of details to add so I may be pushing it a bit, but the liberty is lovely to work with the leaves are all basted, but all the flowers have multiple layers so they are going to take time to get finished. 

I will be putting in a smaller something on top and bottom of the centre design I just haven't decided what yet, maybe some birds or a scroll. There are a couple of marks on the linen thanks to Mo making some bees wax wraps with my iron that need to be covered up.    







1 comment:

Kate said...

Your linen applique project is beautiful. I've had the same problem in having the energy to stitch after working all day. Work has been especially stressful, lots of not nice things happening to the people I work with, so morale has been bad across the entire group. Have a great weekend.