23 November 2020

15 Minute Challenge & Lockdown

 What a week we have had in our state.  I mentions in the last post that there was a COVID cluster discovered.  We haven't had a case for 3 months which had not been in quarantine from people returning from overseas.  

Some how one of the cleaners of the quarantine hotel got infected and spread it to her family and other people.  The government immediately started raping up testing and quarantine all contacts from that large family.  To date I think it is about 5000 people.  The clincher came when one of those infected lied to the contact tracers about how they got the virus.  He said that the only contact he had with one infected people was that he ordered a pizza from one of the contacts place of work.  That lie caused panic and we were all ordered into a 6 day lock down because if it could be caught by receiving pizza delivery how many people could it have been spread to.  

2 days in to total lock down, only essential business open, after they seize the guys phone and work out he actually works at the pizza joint so the decision was made to open up again but still with tightened restrictions.  The government has stated today that we have escaped the second wave the cluster number is at 37 and the only people that have come back positive are those in quarantine.  

We have been asked to wear masks for the first time, but I notice today not many people around my work aren't wearing them.  We had a few places close to home that are on the alert list for having covid positive people there so most people out my side of town 9 out of 10 people are wearing them.  

The 3 day lock down was pretty severe we weren't allowed to leave the house unless it was to go food shopping or seeking medical advice and then only 1 person from the house was allowed to leave.  As soon as the lie was discovered we were allowed out to exercise.

So Mo's formal was cancelled as was the Valedictory Assembly.  Turns out Mo is getting an award so she has been contacted and is to go to a Senior Assembly on Wednesday to receive it 😞. They were talking about live streaming but that was before the school was shut for 2 days so I doubt that we will get to see it.  

So how did my sewing go this week.  Surprising well.  7 out of 7 for me.


Wednesday I pulled out the sewing machine while watching all the COVID new unfold and made masks.  Here is the pile that is at the front door.  

I also have been continuing on with last months Crewel Gobelin project.  I'm just over half way through.   I'm not loving the colours on this one but I think it will look ok once done. I may have bought another xmas pin cushion blackbird design that I want to make for myself.  

So how did you go this week.  Head to Kate to see how everyone else is travelling.  



 

  

1 comment:

Kate said...

Wow, what a roller coaster! At least your government took speedy, if rather draconian measures. I'm sorry Mo's formal was canceled, but congrats to her on the award. Where we live, new case numbers have been running between 2000 and 4000 a day. No mask mandate, no lock down, it's a bit scary. Looks like you made the best of your lock down time by getting in some stitching time. Hopefully that's the last one you have to deal with.