08 February 2021

15 Minute Challenge & a week of running

 I managed 7 out of 7 days but I feel like today is the first day I could take a breath.  

It started with our visit to the financial adviser and I just feel like I have been rushing from one place to another I feel like all I have been doing is juggling for the whole week.   

Mo had a small gathering of friends to celebrate her birthday last night, and we got kicked out of the house.  We decided to go out for dinner and catch a movie.  It was the first time we had been to the flicks since covid hit so it we were interested to see how we would be seated.  There was only 8 or 10 of us in the theatre and we were spread right out.  We saw "The Dry" which was really good.  DH usually can't be bothered with Australian movies but it was good and kept us guessing till nearly the end.  

We came home latish the kids were still having Cocktails and were playing Cluedo and it sounded like they were having fun.  The only disappointment was that the planned pool party didn't happen due to the weather turning a bit wintery over the last week.  Thursday it is supposed to be 37C so go figure.  

I've mainly crochet'd this week, my time at the machine has been minimal.  

I have ordered a new draftsman chair for my sewing room. I thought I would be able to get one straight away, but they didn't have any and the shop said they can custom make it so that it can be lowered slightly more than standard draftsman chair.  My sewing table is a bit taller than a normal desk hence the need for a draftman chair, but they make them higher these day than the one that I have been using for 20 years.  It is still possible that DH is going to have to raise my table slightly and I will need to put the foot of my sewing machine on a step when I machine quilt as the JUKI's cord isn't long enough when it is quilting mode (side on).  I am going to ask the Juki dealer if they can make the cord to the foot pedal longer as it really is a bit of a stretch.  



Because of the chair situation I haven't wanted to do too much sewing, my back and hip have been a bit sore this last week and I wanted to make sure I had plenty of back support so I could quilt pain free so I am waiting they promise the chair early this week.  One good thing is the pattern is nearly written, just have to check it and maybe add a few more words and pictures.  Hopefully it will go up by the end of the weekend.  

I've been trying to start a 6day Kids Blanket, but have been having a few issues with getting the start right.  I'll be unpicking for the 3rd time tonight and really concentrating.  

This week the plan is to just  go with the flow.  

Head to Kates' to see how everyone is going this week.  



1 comment:

Kate said...

Hopefully the new chair helps with the back during your sewing time. Getting a new one really made a difference for me, it was definitely worth it. Sorry Mo didn't get her pool party, but it sounds like she had a good time with her friends anyway. Winter won't leave us this year. We had freezing drizzle from Sunday into Monday and very cold temps, the high for the day is forecast to be -4 C.