12 April 2021

15 Minute Challenge and another busy week

 I think I am almost on top of stuff at work, the boss wants me to aim for the end of the month to start working extra as they have only given us 3 month budget for my increase in hours but he said if we need to bite the bullet earlier we will.   Found out today another state manager has resigned so we might be in a holding pattern for a bit longer, it will also mean more travel for my boss ahhh the joys. He did say we could look at moving the office west of the city next year to cut both out travel time.  I sent him a cheeky snap of a small shop front that is for lease around a 10 minute walk from my house.  I know its been empty for about 12 months so who knows it may still be available when our lease is up.  He's wants something in Glenelg either way it will cut each of our travel time down to next to nothing, which I am all for.  

Mo had a party to go to and no dress as it was a bit more dressy than she was use to.  I admit I was at the kill me know stage of shopping after spending 3 hours at the local shopping centre going from shop to shop and back again. I worked out the sticking point was the fact that she had to pay for it and the only dress that she was happy with was $200.  At least she has scored  3 shifts this week for work so that should pay for it pretty quickly.  The problem was when we got home was that she wanted her hair coloured and she wanted it in gradients this time, navy blue through purple to magenta lets just say I slept well apart from the aching legs but she did look very pretty for the party Friday night.  



Sewing wise I have been doing more cross stitch which has slowed because I broke my magnifiers, but I have got enthused to get some more drum pin cushions made from the Blackbird book that I was collecting projects from last year.  There are 3 more in the book that I haven't made so I bought some linen online to finish off the remainder of the patterns and there is a lovely framed sampler that I may do as well.  Today a couple of easter cross stitch kits arrive so I will be ready for next year.  

Quick Quilt 2 is finished and the pattern is posted on the 2021 BOM page.  I'm still quilting it I think I have a couple of hours left to go and then binding, but I will post pictures once its done.  

We got back Mo's latest pots this week.  One was for a gift for the birthday party which came out so cool I wanted to keep it, its an essential oil pot that you put the reeds in to scent a room.  She tells me she is going to make a Etsy shop for now to put up the one off stuff that she wants to sell as she doesn't have time at the moment to set up a full on website for now which all costs money to do.  




The week didn't involve any pretty walks the weekend turned a bit ugly not much rain but windy and overcast and a lot colder than it has been.  Hope you had time to stitch or knit or do what ever creative thing you do.  Check out Kate's blog to see how everyone is going.  





1 comment:

Kate said...

Your work sounds just about as ugly as mine at the moment. Hope that all works out well for both you and your boss. Shopping for party dresses was never one of the SITs things either. Thankfully, if she found something she liked, we were just done. The pots are really pretty, that pink one especially so.