26 April 2021

15 Minute Challenge and Anzac Day

 It was a long weekend to commemorate Anzac Day.  This year the march in the city went ahead but only family were allowed to watch don't ask my how they managed to police that.  Limited numbers were allowed at dawn services around the country though Perth are in lock down at the moment and their services were all cancelled. They only allowed limited numbers at services but then the AFL were able to 80K at the Anzac Day Match I guess money talks even in a pandemic.  

I've been doing lots of cross stitch this week and finished off a couple of projects today from last years Sewing Club by Blackbird Designs from the finished pieces.  I turned one into a lavender pouch and had some more lavender left over so that went into the drum as well as some sawdust.  The next piece I'm working on is supposed to be a little bag but I'm not sure that I want to make it into a bag, maybe it can go on the top of a tin.... who knows.  I have linen to make another 2 drums which will be the next projects and the one of the samplers in the book.  



I pulled the fabric for my next quick quilt yesterday and had a bit more of a play this morning, adding and subtracting fabric.  I think I'm pretty happy with what I have chosen and this will probably be my project for sewing class this week.  I'm thinking of doing more blocks this month and making a 4 x 4.  

Mo's hair this week, she worked out how to do it herself so I didn't have to stand and paint the colour on, she still hasn't managed to get the ends pink yet but I think I like this colour combo the best.    



Hows your week been, I seem to be keeping up with the stitching even though work has been a bit of mess this week and doesn't promise to get better.  They have increased my hours from now for the next 3 months .... though I get the feeling it may be longer than that.  

Head to Kate's to see how everyone is going.  


1 comment:

Kate said...

Congrats on the needlework finishes. Both are very elegant and have a vintage vibe to them. Love Mo's hair. The SIT prefers very short hair, she goes shorter with each new cut. Looking forward to seeing what you decide on for your next quick quilt.