09 May 2022

15 Minute Challenge and Expensive Week

 Had to drop the dog at the Vet today for dentist surgery, they rang a little while ago to say 2 teeth out so it was the more expensive quote they gave me.

Mo came home from Uni saying she needs a higher end tablet for animation class.  She has been struggling with the new software they are using this year and wasn't happy with her last assignment though she still got a HD but it took 10 times longer than it needed to and she still wasn't happy with the results.  So there's another expense I wasn't bargaining on.  Her friend has the one with the built in screen and she said it was so much easier to use with the software.  Glad I'm still working.

Springtime Romance is all basted and I have outline quilted all the appliqué blocks in the centre of the quilt.  My neck isn't very happy with me today.  The quilt is quite heavy which surprised me as I'm using a thin batting and backed it in voile but there is lots of layers to the appliqué and i don't trim out the back of my appliqué pieces so I think that has added to the weight.  With the outline done I only have to figure how to quilt the background, but I'm leaving that till next weekend.  

Nimue CAL is steaming ahead.  I finished all the small blocks (this is half the number) that I blocked yesterday, last night I finished sewing in ends for the final 12 squares.  These are blocked and we have some sun today so the board has been dragged out into the back yard otherwise I fear it will be a week before they are dry because winter has sort of started to set in and it has been cold for the last couple of days though it is supposed to be warming up again.  

There was even a bit of cross stitch done though it doesn't look like I have done much but it is a couple of hours work.  



Head to Kate's to see how everyone is going.
 



No comments: