02 May 2022

15 Minute Challenge and Closing Up My Shop

 I've decided to close my Etsy shop, etsy fees have gone up and most of the time I end up paying Etsy for the privilege of the shop so it just isn't worth it just to have the convenience of instant downloads.  

I'm not shutting immediately, I just won't be renewing any of the patterns on there, so the patterns will gradually disappear so if you want one and haven't purchased it go ahead and do so.  I actually thought I would be sadder but I'm not, I think the decision has just taken the pressure off a bit for another BOM.

I got an email for entries to the Royal Show last week and I have decided to try and quilt Springtime Romance in time to enter it.  There is also a crochet class so I might try and enter my Nimue Cal as well.  I joined the fabric for the backing yesterday and DH got the trestle table out so I might make a start this afternoon at basting it so it will be all ready to put under the machine on the weekend.  

This weeks progress it was a 7 out of 7 week.  I managed lots of crochet and a tiny bit of cross stitch.  As well as doing some tidying in my sewing room on the weekend.  Last night I finished 3 sides of row 48 so one more row and another 8 small blocks to finish for the CAL.  Row 49 is the end of the centre square, then there is a row of the smaller blocks.  Then another 42 more rows for the outside border, a couple of people have added a few more rows to make the blanket larger, I will see how much wool I have left over I haven't used as many balls as I thought I would yet so I might have some left overs.  The last couple of rows are a little less intricate so they have crocheted up in no time, it was good to have a bit of a rest because parts of the centre quite challenging.  It's going to need blocking before I head to the next step.  


Only a little bit of progress on the cross stitch and the house is pretty much all filled in so it is going to take a while but it is cute and I found some cushion inserts while I was searching for batting on the weekend so cushions are sounding promising.  

Head to Kate's to see how everyone is going.  





No comments: