13 February 2009

Very Spoiled



As I said in the post yesterday I spent the first part of the morning lying in bed finishing off a book that I had started the day before.  The book was "The Guernsey Literacy & Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer.  It is written in the form of letters between the main character and the other characters in the story and it tells the story of the Occupation of Guernsey by the Germans in the WWII.  It is a very heartwarming story and just made me feel all warm a fuzzy, kind of just what I needed at the time.  Unfortunately the author became ill shortly after the sale of the manuscript and died before see the book published so we won't get to see another novel from her.  Dymocks has the book on sale as part of its buy 3 for the price of 2 romance offer until 28/2 (but only in store).
The family gave me a Lovelinks bracelet for my birthday.   Just a few charms at the moment but they have something to build on in the future and mothers day is just around the corner.

If you have been following my blog you will know that I am involved with a number of swaps with the P4P (Passion 4 Primitive) forum and they usually run a birthday swap which I love to be involved with.  So it was my turn to get some goodies and what a wonderful collection I received....lots and lots of hand made goodies.



Aren't they a very talented group.  

Enough with pressies.  How did I spend my day.  Well I had a wonderful time with lunch on Jetty Road at Brighton and some shopping along the strip.  I managed to buy a dress from a second hand clothing shop run by an OTT platinum blond, who Knew her stuff.  The first thing she said to me was "For Boobs you need to look down here".  She was right found a flowy number in black with a splash of purple which I just had to have.  Then found a secondhand book shop which I looked in for a while and we returned straight after lunch for some more looking.  We visited Patchwork by Sea though I wasn't really in the mood for fabric shopping (that didn't stop me buying though) but they have a good selection of Kaffe Fasset fabrics and jelly rolls so will probably go back again soon.  There was a great jewelry shop as well, the earings I liked were a bit expensive but there were others that I could have bought home with me but I was being restrained which doesn't happen very often... just ask my partner in crime.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Glad you had a nice day and your bracelet is just gorgeous .... I want one too!!!!! Lunch and shopping was fab .... nice to share it with you!!! Cheers S