03 September 2019

2019 Online Quilters Meet & Greet



I was very honoured to be asked to participate in the 2019 Online Quilters Meet & Greet.

If you are new to my Blog welcome I hope you find something here to keep coming back.

A little bit about myself.  I have sewed and done all sorts of craft for as long as I can remember.  This was encouraged by my Mum and my Nanna.  It wasn't until I got married that the quilting bug hit and I took my first quilting class with ladies that are still my good friends 23 years later.

A few years ago I opened my Etsy shop and designed quilts and patterns.  Every year I try to design a Block of the Month Quilt which I host primarily on my blog.  The patterns each month are usually for free for a short period of time and then are for sale in my Etsy shop so you can catch up if you miss out on one of the months patterns.  I usually try and make each quilt a bit different and give you a few options of how to finish the quilt off.    You can check out my past Block of the Months here and find the patterns in my etsy shop.

My favourite quilt at the moment is Flowers for Alison, it was a block of the month I ran a couple of years ago.  The quilt was designed with my mother in mind, she died when I was in my early 20's and I designed it at a time when I was getting to be the same age as her when she died and I had reached that milestone when she had been gone more than half my life.  So there is a lot of nostalgia in this quilt.  The quilt also won a 3rd place ribbon at the Royal Adelaide Show that year.


Probably my 2nd favourite quilt is Blueberry Botanicals picture below which features stitcheries and well as piecing.

My current Block of the Month is probably going to surpass both these quilts for being my favourite.  I am just starting out on the Borders but the centre of the quilt is all finished.  I'm a bit behind on pattern writing but I should be able to get in front soon.  We are up to Block 3 which you can download for free here until 7/9/2019, if you want to join in.  Blocks 1 and 2 are for sale in my Etsy shop.  If you want to know a bit more before you jump in use the link above.

I hope you enjoy your little look around and you will visit me again, especially for a freebee once a month.

Make sure you enter the contest to be in the running for all the great prizes and visit all the other quilters for more chances to win.



19 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice quilts

piecefulwendy said...

Nice to meet you! I'm sorry you lost your mom at such a young age, but I'm sure she would be honored and delighted by that beautiful quilt! Thanks for sharing!

GranChris said...

Beautiful quilt and such a wonderful tribute.

Danice G said...

So sorry about your mother. She would have loved your quilts. Thanks for sharing your story.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Flowers for Alison is a beautiful quilt - lovely memories for you and extra special that you won a prize with that quilt. Nice to meet another Aussie.

Gemini Jen NZ said...

What a gorgeous way to honour your mum - it is a beautiful quilt! Thanks for sharing; I am enjoying making my way through all these different blogs and meeting other quilting companions.

Nann said...

Your quilts are lovely and I will definitely check out your BOMs.
What a wonderful way to honor and remember your mother.

Debbie said...

Thanks for sharing a couple of your quilts - lovely!

Kate said...

Your blocks of the month have all been gorgeous. The last non-applique block of the month I followed along with still needs to be put into a finished flimsy.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

The Flowers for Alison quilt is gorgeous! It is great that you won a well-deserved prize for it. I can't imagine losing my mother at such a young age. The quilt is a great way to honor yours.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful BOM quilts on the Meet and Greet!

Velda at the Freckled Fox Quiltery said...

I was so glad to see your "Flowers for Alison" quilt. Its stunning. Thank you for sharing this one and the others too. I will be be back to visit regularly.


Velda at the Freckled Fox Quiltery said...

I was so glad to see your "Flowers for Alison" quilt. Its stunning. Thank you for sharing this one and the others too. I will be be back to visit regularly.


Karrin Hurd said...

Your quilts are gorgeous

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love your botanical quilts!

Nana said...

WoW!!!your BOM quilts are spectacular!, looks like they would be very time consuming.
Thanks for sharing.

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Beautiful quilts! I am at just about the same point now with my mother being gone and age! I would need a block of the year... because I always seem to have way more going on than I can ever accomplish!!! I fit quilting in when I can, these days not at all! It has been so nice to meet you!

Lisa J. said...

It's wonderful to see that such a special quilt to you won a ribbon. It's a lovely quilt .

Kris said...

Wow your Bom quilts are beautiful!