17 August 2020

15 Minute Challenge - an almost finish and a new start again

 The state got the all clear on the weekend regarding the cluster that had affected a couple of high schools here.  The governments action worked and we had no new cases until a family returned from India on the weekend and one of them had Covid but they are in hotel quarantine and have not been in contact with the general population.  

This week has been a good week on the stitching front.  I finished quilting my Liberty quilt and I am waiting on pre-made liberty bias to finish it.  I have start quilting another quilt on the unfinished pile, but I ended up unpicking some as I wasn't completely happy with how I'd quilted the background.  I've decided to just stitch around all the applique first and then decide what to do.


I've made more progress on my cross stitch there are a couple of errors in it but I can live with them, I won't say that it will be finished this week but I will make an effort to get near to the construction stage.  

I've started another crochet project, that I saw a kit for on instagram.  The pattern is pretty easy to follow so I don't think it will take long to make.  


With all that done it was a 7 out of 7 week for me.  

Mo finished her 2nd Art Prac sketch and we have framed the 2 pieces so that she could take  them to school for assessment.  She just has 1 more piece to work on now for the final assessment which will be a larger sketch that will complete a trio of surrealist portraits.  The first 2 are pretty amazing the last one will be a self portrait which I am sure will produce a lot more anxiety.

How has your week gone, found time to stitch?


Head to Kate's to see how everyone has got on.  

2 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful quilts! Congrats on being so close to finishing off two projects. Well three if you count the cross stitch. You've definitely been busy on the stitching front. Good luck to Mo with her last art piece. Have a great week.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Love the fabulous color and pattern on the crochet. Your hand stitching is really inspiring. It is so beautiful.