25 January 2021

15 Minute Challenge and New BOM taking shape

Mo turns 18 this week I really can't believe it.  She is all signed up for Uni, and we tried to book her in to get her learners permit but there is an 8 week wait due to covid restrictions.  She wants to go to a desert cafe for tea on her actual birthday and then is having a small group of friends over to celebrate next week...no big party for her.  

 It was a 7 out of 7 for this week.  A few hours on the weekend to finish my first 1 block quilt.  I also did a few more crochet squares.

I took the photo below and then found another one in my crochet bag, so 18 are finished getting close to half way through the book.  I need to get a board to block them and I have started weaving in the ends now as soon as I finish a square because that is a thankless task that I probably don't want to leave to the end.  


Here is the first of my Quick Quilt series.  I need to hunt around for some batting, I have quite a bit but most of it is earmarked for quilts, I don't really want to go out and purchase some,  but I might have to.


I think I will release a pattern every 2 months, one of the blocks I have already used in a pattern so I will release that last.  At the end you will have 6 blocks (2 blocks each design) which you can make into the final Deer Folk sampler quilt.  Most of Quick Quilt series will all be 13 blocks on point which makes a small lap size quilt.  

We had a real swelter of a weekend 43C yesterday and not much lower the day before, there was a fire bug lighting fires in the Mount Lofty ranges which is pretty close  to the city.  They have arrested someone but I think there were a couple of houses lost.  This morning we woke to smoke blanketing the city, it was like driving in thick fog.  

This afternoon we had a torrential rain storm our backyard flooded so hopefully it rained in the right place a helped put the fire out. 

1 comment:

Kate said...

Happy 18th Birthday to Mo! They do grow up so fast. I have only one, but I would expect it may hit a bit harder when it's your youngest reaching that milestone. You've got a great collection of crocheted squares. Some of those are really intricate, so great job on mastering those techniques. I'm a little confused, is the BOM and the Quick Quilt series two different things? You've had the heat, and we've had the cold. That's scary to have someone deliberately setting fires. At least you've gotten a good bit of rain to balance out the heat some. Stay dry, stay well, keep stitching.