23 August 2021

15 Minute Challenge and Not really achieving anything

 I have been doing lot so of sewing this week mostly the reverse kind.  I looked at my cross stitch SAL border that I was doing at sewing class on Thursday and looking at it in daylight I realised that there was quite a few errors on the right side.  So there was no option but to unpick.  

The pieced border for  Quick Quilt 4 is all cut out.  I've decided to do reverse geese, beige geese with a scrappy backgrounds of red and blue but I haven't got round to stitching them as the machine didn't come back from service until Saturday and the weekend was really beautiful with lots of sunshine and DH and I got in a couple of walks to the beach each day and neighbourhood.  

Managed to get to visit the yarn shop I've been wanting to go to for a long time and I picked up more sock yarn.  I then ordered some more Sunday night so I have a few more colours, its a bit fluffy but it knits up really nice.  I've started a shorty sock.   I misread the band pattern so it is a bit longer than the pattern called for but I don't think it really matters.  The sock pattern is striped but I'm just going to do a different colour for the band, heel and toe and keep the foot the one colour this time.  Will get more adventurous next time when I have few more colours. 

Doesn't look much like a sock at the moment but I will get there.  





I'm off to look at other sock patterns now for my next one and maybe a coffee.

How did your week go.  Head to Kate's to see how the gang is going.  



2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Aww, it is no fun to have to unstitch. The yarn is pretty.

Kate said...

It's hard to sew when the machine is at the spa. The yarn looks so soft, it's going to make some comfy socks. Hope you get more chances to enjoy the spring weather. It's still summer here, but fall temps should be just a few weeks a way now.