16 August 2021

15 Minute Challenge Finally Vaccine available for all adults

 They finally announced last week that 16 to 39 year olds could be vaccinated.  Luckily I got in early this morning when the appointments were released ignoring the Federal Governments eligibility app, and just booked them in.  According to reports the system crashed a few times after 9 am apparently but I didn't have any bother at 7.45 and both the kids were booked in for their jabs in September.  

My Juki is booked in for a service at the end of the week I can't believe I've had it just over 12 months now.  All going well I can pick it up Saturday morning.  As it is at the other side of town I'm thinking of taking a trip to a yarn shop that I know is that way, either Saturday or Thursday when I drop it off depending on the timing and if I have DH as a passenger on Saturday (he doesn't need to see me in a yarn purchase frenzy).  

This week I finished 1 project bag, I've decided I need the next size up though for projects with A4 patterns printouts as I just doesn't fit without folding.  So next one I am making a large.  



Quick Quick 4 quilt top is finished and I quickly put together the pattern there is no border yet, but I hope to nut that out at sewing this week.  There are lots of old favourites in this quilt.  I have to decide how I'm going to quilt it at the moment I have no clue.  You can find the download on the 2021 BOM page.  



A bit of cross stitch progress, though lots of people are already finished their border on instagram on the cryptid sal  I'm still going, but would rather got slow and steady than rush and make a hash of it.  I also purchased a previous sal from the website which features Universal Movie monsters.  DH is a great fan of old horror movies so I think he will like it.  I've found some hand dyed linen but think I will wait a bit.  



I did finish my first sock, I've decided that I won't bother knitting the pair because I don't really like the wool and I think I should have knitted the small not the medium.  I'm on the lookout for a yarn swift and then I am going to power in to some short socks.





2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I am glad you were able to schedule the vaccine without issue. When I was doing it earlier this year, it took a lot of effort to find vaccines. Love all the movement in the quilt!

Kate said...

Glad you were able to get the shots scheduled for the family. I'm taking a wait and see on the booster shots the CDC just recommended. We don't hit 8 months till December. Love your Quick Quilt 4. Hope you've been able to get it mostly finished off. Have a great weekend.