01 June 2009

Lovely Day



We had a lovely day at Leanne's yesterday.  It is very satisfying to sit and just sew and talk. I finished the stitchery section of Little Blue Birds yesterday so I actually achieved quite a bit for an afternoon's sewing.  Here are the finished border strips.  I started the applique last night which will take me no time to put together, I am a lot quicker applique'r (is that a word I am sure it is not how to spell it) than an embroiderer.

Off to work today and prepare for my week from Hell the next week were I know I am going to here the statement "You are Never Home" at least daily and HE will be right.

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

I missed you all - was sorry I couldn't make it.....but tradesmen wait for no man.....or blogger....and I have waited a long time to have the floors finished so spent the day shifting furniture from one room to another and emptying cupboards so they could be shifted....LOL...I have way too much stuff! Glad you had a good day ..... and the embroidery looks great!!

Rustic Tarts said...

Oh Amanda, what gorgeous work.

Lisa said...

You do beautiful stitching Amanda. Looking forward to seeing the applique too!

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

these look great Amanda,
can I ask what you are going to use them for?

Yvette Adams said...

Fantastic job on the embroidery Amanda. That took me sooooooo long! Thanks for leaving your lovely comment on my blog. I'm keen to see your quilt when you've finished! I just LOVE mine!