10 February 2010

Window Shopping

I have been killing time sitting under the vent of the airconditioner which is struggling as it doesn't cope with humidity which we are in the grip of here in Adelaide.  I decided I might just have a look at some books in fishpond, anyone who knows me knows how deadly this occupation can be but I haven't reached for the visa yet, but I have picked out a few that I have added to my wish list for later purchasing.

When I worked at the quilt shop I use to review all the quilting books for the Newsletter and quite often they didn't even get on to the shelves before they came home with me, now I have to do my own research but it doesn't appear to have slowed me down any.

They are Color Your Cloth by Malka Dubrawsky I have been reading her blog recently and anything to do with Dyeing has me in.
Color Your Cloth: A Quilter's Guide to Dyeing and Patterning Fabric
This book by Karen McTavish on Machine Quilting.  I already have two of her books and they are amazing as are the DVD's but I think your DVD player has to be able to play multi regions to use it.
Quilting for Show: A Practical Guide to Successful Competition Quilting [With DVD]

And this book was recommended by the lady who taught me to machine quilt and I just haven't got round to getting it so it is on my wish list as well.

Gaudynski's Machine Quilting Guidebook


No comments: