24 November 2008

2008 Achievements - Completed 1 Quilt


Gone are the days when I would make several quilts in a year, this year I have made one.  Gail Pan's Seasons.  You have probably seen it a couple of times on the blog in various forms completeness but here is it all quilted with binding added (my least favourite part) so it is the last time that you have to look at it.  I am really happy with the quilting, though I hated doing it sooooooooo boring doing straight line quilting, so it took a couple of months to finish.

The kids and I put up the christmas trees yesterday, must admit that was a bit stressful.  Now the girls from Cyber stitching now know that I am a bit of a control freak when it comes to catering....Now I have to admit to another thing I am thingy about and that is Christmas decorations, so much so that I have my own tree for my special ornaments.  I let the kids decorate their tree and I was very good this year and let them just do it without too much rearranging from me - except for the lights I did those first before I let them loose, but that was more of a safety issue.  Had a bit of a melt down when a glass ball got smashed and conceded that I needed to get some plastic decorations for use on the tiled floor.


5 comments:

Rustic Tarts said...

Amanda your quilt looks terrific - and so much work in it.

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I love your quilt. Gail's designs are so lovely aren't they. You should be very proud of yourself, you've done a wonderful job.

Tanya said...

Hi There Amanda...
I have awarded you the
'Uber Amazing Award'for your blog because i think it is just delightful..You can pop by at my blog to collect you award...
Have a wonderful day ...
Hugs Tanxxoo

Sue said...

I just adore your quilt I did try to smuggle it home on Saturday. Dont worry Im a bit thingy about my decos too ... I pack all my usual stuff away and then bring out all the xmas stuff and the tree has to be decorated just so. Needless to say the crew leave it to me to do it all these days!!
Cheers S

Gail said...

Wow, what can I say, the quilt looks sensational, thanks for making it!!! Can I steal the pic for my blog?